The Customer Service Representative directs, controls and coordinates various customer service functions. The Customer Service Representative’s duties include booking freight, processing orders, monitoring service, optimizing loads, accommodating customer needs and requirements, and establishing and maintaining positive customer relationships.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performing or supervising the handling of all freight from shipper to receiver.
- Developing and maintaining a customer base according to geographic area.
- Communicating all service issues to the customer promptly.
- Selecting loads effectively through dedicated lanes, brokerage, and customer needs.
- Booking freight in each assigned area to ensure a balance of trucks and loads.
- Maintaining positive customer and driver relations.
- Tracking each shipment to answer questions, ensure on-time pickups and deliveries, and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Attend meetings to improve problem accounts and service issues.
- Coordinating schedule changes with salespeople, customers, and company departments according to customer requirements.
- Provides services to customers in compliance with contract requirements, ensuring on-time deliveries, and resolving damaged product issues.
- Handling customer correspondence, complaints, and inquiries for each account in their territory.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Thorough operational knowledge is preferred.
- Able to be persuasive with customers, keeping “customer satisfaction” as a guiding factor.
- Able to motivate staff and deal effectively with performance problems.
- Comfortable using AS-400 computer software, split screens, EDI (Electronic Data Interchange), the internet, and Microsoft Office.
- Can communicate via e-mail, telephone, and face-to-face in clear, correct, and effective English.
Hirschbach has nearly 1,200 full-time employees and professional drivers who continually strive to meet and exceed the transportation needs and customer service expectations of our clients.
With 11 different company locations offering refrigerated transportation services from coast to coast, custom dedicated fleets and non-traditional trucking solutions, Hirschbach offers a wide variety of exciting opportunities to further your career track.
Hirschbach offers a comprehensive benefits plan, 401(k), and Free Gym Memberships.