The Dedicated Fleet Manager is at the very center of a fast-paced strategic environment. Our customers require individuals who think strategically and plan ahead of rapidly changing situations while maintaining a positive team oriented attitude. The Dedicated Fleet Manager will manage asset utilization and book specialized backhaul freight to ensure fleet profitability.
The successful candidates must be able to understand all policies, procedures, instructions, rules and regulations associated with this position. In addition, the successful candidate should be able to define problems, collect data, and establish facts to assist with drawing a valid conclusion. This candidate should be able to work under minimal supervision with some latitude for independent judgment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performing or supervising the handling of all freight from shipper to receiver.
- Developing and maintaining a customer base according to need.
- Communicating all service issues to the customer promptly.
- Selecting loads that fill empty miles without negatively affecting dedicated customer freight.
- Maintaining positive customer and driver relations.
- Tracking each shipment to answer questions, ensure on-time pickups and deliveries, and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Attending meetings to improve problem accounts and service issues.
- Providing services to customers in compliance with contract requirements, ensuring on-time deliveries, and resolving damaged product issues.
- Planning trucks to optimize driver and equipment utilization and to minimize empty miles.
- Pre-planning freight to meet pick-up and delivery deadlines.
- Working closely with Fleet Managers to provide continuous freight to all Dedicated Fleets.
- Check-calling, relaying, and re-powering all assigned driver freight to customer- and carrier-agreed specifications.
- Works with other Fleet Managers to coordinate drivers’ scheduled home time, vacation, down time, current status, and predicted time available.
- Creates a positive work environment for operators, customers and internal employees.
- Booking freight to cover all Dedicated capacity for the next business day.
- Calling or emailing customers daily.
- Downloading all applicable EDI loads and entering them into AS-400.
- Managing customer commitments in six-week increments to ensure that Hirschbach is meeting or exceeding its customers’ expectations.
- Managing drop trailer pools to ensure that all planned and committed trailers are at the proper facilities.
- Planning all loads scheduled to pick up for the next business day as well as Planning and committing all loads prior to leaving for the day and ensuring all areas have the correct amount of freight for the next 24 hours
- Ensuring all drivers are planned on loads with proper appointment and transit times with an overall 99% confidence rate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent in education is required. A four-year degree or direct experience is preferred.
- Previous experience using AS-400, Match, Netgraph, and Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to communicate via e-mail, telephone, and face-to-face in a clear, correct, and effective English.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
Hirschbach has nearly 1,200 full-time employees and professional drivers who continually strive to meet and exceed the transportation needs and customer service expectations of our clients.
Hirschbach is a privately owned carrier that has delivered state-of-the-art transportation solutions for over 80 years. Our fleet is among the newest, most environmentally friendly and fuel efficient in the trucking industry.
With 11 different company locations offering refrigerated transportation services from coast to coast, custom dedicated fleets and non-traditional trucking solutions, Hirschbach offers a wide variety of exciting opportunities to further your career track.
Hirschbach offers a comprehensive benefits plan, 401(k), and Free Gym Memberships.