For over 80 years, Hirschbach has built a sterling reputation for delivering time and temperature sensitive freight.
We are a 100% asset based refrigerated carrier with one of the newest, most technologically-advanced fleets on the road. We provide “best in class” service, focused primarily on high density lanes throughout the Midwest, South, Southeast, and Northeast.
We strive to be your carrier of choice by providing dependable service levels with unmatched safety, innovation, technology, security, communication, and on-time delivery performance.
Hirschbach offers experienced, refrigerated truckload services to all 48 states – with a special focus on high-density lanes throughout the eastern U.S.
Hirschbach Company Drivers will be responsible for delivering goods from one place to another. They are expected to operate a tractor-trailer truck safely and deliver loads on-time.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Deliver goods while operating a tractor-trailer truck, sometimes over intercity routes or spanning several states.
- Load and unload cargo.
- Record amount and type of cargo being delivered.
- Take orders for new delivers.
- Drive long distances.
- Fill up on fuel, clean truck, and wash windows.
- Report to a dispatcher any incidents encountered on the road.
- Monitor road conditions and watch for traffic congestion.
- Follow all applicable traffic laws.
- Inspect their trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects they find.
- Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
- Keep a log of their activities.
- Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
- Keep their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
- Plan routes using maps or satellite tracking.
- Get goods to client on time.
- Take rest periods during trip.
- Take special precautions while driving.
- Maintain log of trips.
Qualifications and Skills
- Class A CDL
- 6 Months or more driving experience
- Clean driving record* Must meet our hiring requirements.
Benefits and Perks
- 401 (k)