The OSD (Overages, Shortages, Damages) Manager is responsible for handling, mitigating, and tracking all cargo related issues for a refrigerated carrier. The position oversees all cargo issues which would otherwise place the organization at risk financially with a customer or claimant. The OSD Manager oversees and employees of the operations of the OSD Department.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works closely with Hirschbach’s In-House General Counsel, upper management, and executives.
- Works closely with operations, drivers, safety and customers to track, control and mitigate any and all cargo related issues specific to a refrigerated motor carrier.
- Creates, maintains, and provides reports to the appropriate people.
- Creates and maintains exceptional direct relationships with customers.
- Ensures all Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) practices are followed by the company.
- Communicates with auto/liability, physical damage, workers compensation, occupational accident and cargo insurance carriers for qualified losses and oversight of claims.
- Works with the OS&D department to prevent small delivery exceptions from turning into formal claims.
- Creates and maintains claim files for cargo claims.
- Oversees the tracking of revenue for OSD issues.
- Tracks accidents by cause code, preventable nature and reporting weekly on a per-million-mile or per load basis.
- Handles all serious accidents that occur (fatalities, rollovers, head-on collisions, etc.)
- Manages OSD department with direct oversight of personnel.
- Conducts monthly one-on-one meetings with each team member and periodic team meetings.
- Manages employees in Claims department in regards to performance appraisals, auditing, and assigning duties and responsibilities.
Compensation for the OSD Manager is up to $47,000/year based on experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field or two years of equivalent OSD experience.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain calmness in high stress situations.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to create, manage, and analyze spreadsheets.
- Availability to be on-call nights and weekends for emergencies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills via telephone, email, and in person.
- Experience in claims handling or other risk management areas.
- Strong multitasking, time management, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to manage and provide direction to others.
Hirschbach is a privately owned carrier that has delivered state-of-the-art transportation solutions for over 80 years. Our fleet is among the newest, most environmentally friendly and fuel efficient in the trucking industry.
Hirschbach has nearly 1,200 full-time employees and professional drivers who continually strive to meet and exceed the transportation needs and customer service expectations of our clients.
With 11 different company locations offering refrigerated transportation services from coast to coast, custom dedicated fleets and non-traditional trucking solutions, Hirschbach offers a wide variety of exciting opportunities to further your career track.