Responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosis and repairs required on fleet trailers. Must have own tools.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Technically proficient in all areas of trailer maintenance. Refrigeration experience a plus. Position requires current air brake certification and ABS diagnostic knowledge.
* Identifies, diagnoses and resolves trailer related problems, which includes electrical and lighting systems.
* Proficient in welding and the use of various welding and cutting equipment. Preforms general welding and fabrication as required on ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
*Experienced in suspension repair, including basic alignment procedures.
* Experienced in body repairs of dry and refrigerated body construction.
* Assist other mechanics as needed.
* Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of necessary company paperwork repair orders, indirect labor forms, etc.
* Responsible for documentation
* Preforms preventive maintenance trailer equipment as assigned. Includes FHWA inspections.
* Required to pass an Occupational Physical test and drug screen.
* Must have valid driver's license.
* Ability to work overtime when required and Saturdays via rotating schedule.