Job Title: Extended Coverage Manager
Status: Full time / Exempt
Shift: Varies (Days, Nights, Weekends)
The Extended Coverage Manager oversees the Extended Coverage staff, monitoring the night and weekend operations of drivers who are dispatched from Hirschbach terminals. Keeping operations running smoothly during nights and weekends, the Extended Coverage Manager communicates with Extended Coverage, customers, operations, and drivers about any issues encountered during each shift. The Extended Coverage Manager also communicates driver issues or requests directly to the planner, dispatcher, or customer service and generates night and weekend reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitoring drivers and service during night and weekend shifts.
- Reporting both DOT and non-DOT accidents according to proper procedures.
- Recording any issues encountered, especially those pertaining to cargo, OS&D, and injuries, then communicating them to operations, customers, and drivers.
- Generating current and accurate night and weekend reports according to the standard order process.
- Working closely with safety, maintenance, Afterhours, and operations to ensure operators comply with the policies and procedures of each department.
- Ensuring adequate staffing and scheduling for nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Promptly answering phone calls, e-mails, voicemails, and other questions from co-workers, customers, and drivers.
- Maintaining positive customer, driver, and carrier relations.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Thorough operational process knowledge.
- Understands dispatch philosophy and procedures of the company.
- Able to persuade and motivate drivers, keeping “customer satisfaction and driver satisfaction” as guidelines.
- Using AS-400, Peoplenet, Electronic Logbooks, and Netgraf effectively.
- Can communicate via e-mail, telephone, and in person with clear, correct, and effective English.