Process paperwork accurately and in a timely manner to invoice customers. Work with other departments and customers to determine correct rates and charges to apply to invoices. Resolve billing errors and discrepancies. Prepare reports for managers on billing statistics.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares accurate invoices to customers.
- Communicates with the Sales, Customer Service, Dispatch and Settlements departments on invoices with exceptions.
- Works with company computer system for review, update, data entry and approval of invoices to customers.
- Works and communicates with drivers and operations offices to secure necessary paperwork with which to invoice customers.
- Sorts, files and mails invoices to customers.
- Responds to customer requests for supporting documentation for invoices, including bills of lading, proof of delivery, etc.
- Identifies billing problems or inconsistencies that will drive improvement in the billing process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma/equivalent required; associates degree in Accounting or Business Administration preferred
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
- Strong keyboard and 10-key skills
- Ability to prioritize functions and deal effectively and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work overtime as needed
Hirschbach is a privately owned carrier that has delivered state-of-the-art transportation solutions for over 80 years. Our fleet is among the newest, most environmentally friendly and fuel efficient in the trucking industry.
Hirschbach has nearly 1,200 full-time employees and professional drivers who continually strive to meet and exceed the transportation needs and customer service expectations of our clients.
With 11 different company locations offering refrigerated transportation services from coast to coast, custom dedicated fleets and non-traditional trucking solutions, Hirschbach offers a wide variety of exciting opportunities to further your career track.